Friday, October 30, 2009

For the not-yet-so-lucky friends...

On posting the blog titled "Dedicated to my lucky friends", the other friends who do not belong to this lucky category (or seemingly lucky cateogry should I say? :-) ) complained and questioned about why I was posting music compositions only for that category of friends. I completely empathise with them, since I too belong to the not-yet-so-lucky category! So here is something that they (we) will be happy to hear...


I've been trying my hand at playing the accordion on my keyboard for quite some time now. As portrayed in an earlier post called "Swabhaav - The nature of instruments" it is obvious that playing in the accordion style is quite a jugglery of chord-work along with swift and nimble key movements. That reminds me of a rare concert that I attended in Bangalore - a harmonium accordion jugalbandi by the renowned Pt. Ravindra Katoti and M.B. Prakash / P. Ravindra.(http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2007/06/01/stories/2007060151260300.htm)


"Mere Sapnon Ki Rani" is an evergreen song composed by S D Burman and sung by Kishore Kumar. Being an avid traveller, the picturisation of this song at a breathtaking hillstation in a Willy's jeep is also very touching!


3 comments:

Shantanu Prabhudesai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fantastic!

Karthik said...

Amazing work on the leads ! Sounds charming, just like the original. I have one suggestion - you could try include soft strings in the background. They might help establish the mood even better sometimes.