Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Versatility

Shankar Mahadevan is one of my favourites in the list of present-day singers. Among his numerous skills, the one that amazes me the most is his versatility - the ease with which he sings in both Hindustani as well as Carnatic styles of music. I need not elaborate on how difficult it is to accomplish a feat like that.
His recent songs in regional languages are another reason for us - his fans - to say "hats off" to him. Here is one such Marathi song called "Man Udhan Vaaryaache" from the film"Aga Bai Arechaa" played on the Grand Piano...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Realy Good.....very nice use of intermedint tunes...keep it up very very classic

Kapil said...

ONe of my favourite songs :) Thanks !!

Satheesh Sadanand said...

Shantanu,

Shankar Mahadevan is my favourite composer too. His rendition of the Marathi Bhajan "Majhe Maher..." is an absolute delight. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_YYNg0nS8k